Policy & Research Officer
- Local Community Services Association (LCSA)
- Full-time position (38 hours/week)
The Local Community Services Association (LCSA) represents over 170 Neighbourhood and Community Centres and other locally-based, locally-governed community development organisations across NSW. LCSA is the voice for Community Development in NSW. We advocate on behalf of our members, represent their interests to government and provide capacity building and organisational governance support.
About the role
LCSA is seeking an experienced Policy & Research Officer to join the team. This position is funded through the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) State Peaks Program for 38 hours per week at SCHADS Award, Level 6. The role is formally based in Sydney. Working from home and other flexible work arrangements can be negotiated, therefore applications from anywhere in Australia will be considered.
The purpose of this role is to contribute high quality research, analysis, written and oral advice and stakeholder engagement to support LCSA’s policy development and advocacy work across a range of policy areas, which is soundly evidence based, grounded in the LCSA’s policy principles and developed with relevant constituency and stakeholder support and involvement.
Essential Selection Criteria
1) Formal Qualifications Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines such as social sciences, community development, and extensive experience in a related field.
2) Knowledge Requirements
The preferred candidate should be able to demonstrate current knowledge, expertise or
transferable knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- Current issues facing community organisations and the for-purpose sector
- Community Development theory and practices
- The role of Neighbourhood and Community Centres in policy areas such as Targeted Early Intervention Program, Disaster Management and others
- Understanding of commitment to practices in relation to Social Justice and cultural competency and safety
3) Experience Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Community and Stakeholder engagement
- Research and analysis of social policy and data
- Preparation of complex briefings, policy submissions, press releases and other publications
- Excellent report writing and public presentation skills
4) Competencies Requirements
The candidate must have:
- excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- manage a variety of tasks and competing priorities within tight timeframes
- ability to work with a small team and independently
- high level computer skills and experience in using Microsoft, Zoom and other e-technology applications/platforms
- liaise and partner with stakeholders at all levels
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in working in sector development organisations, peak bodies or other capacity building organisations
- Experience in performing higher duties and/or supervision of staff
- A current unencumbered Class C driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the Position Description, or obtain a copy from LCSA Executive Officer, Can Yasmut, by emailing [email protected]
All applicants must submit a CV and a letter addressing the selection criteria by COB 7 June 2022. Submissions can be made via email to [email protected] or mailed to Level 4, 52-58 Wolloomooloo NSW 2011 clearly marked as "Confidential".
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend interviews scheduled for 14 June 2022.
LCSA is an EEO employer and people from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
NOTE: This position is also advertised on the following websites, where you can use their online submission form to apply if provided.
For any enquiries, please call (02) 9660 2044.