Project Manager - Trauma-Informed Community Development Training Program (TICDTP)
- Local Community Services Association (LCSA)
- Fixed-term, full-time position, 12-month contract
The Local Community Services Association (LCSA) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the team. This position is funded through the Social Sector Transformation Fund for a period of 12 months, 38 hours per week at SCHADS Award, Level 6. The role is formally based in Woolloomooloo. Working from home and other flexible work arrangements can be negotiated, therefore applications from anywhere in Australia will be considered.
The Local Community Services Association (LCSA) represents 170 Neighbourhood and Community Centres and other locally-based, locally-governed community development organisations across NSW. LCSA is the voice for Community Development in NSW. We advocate on behalf of our members, represent their interests to government and provide capacity building and organisational governance support.
This is a senior project and capacity building role, reporting directly to the LCSA Executive Officer, with a focus on project managing the development and delivery of a Trauma-Informed Community Development Training Program (TICDTP).
This role involves:
- establishing effective community partnerships with key agencies across NSW currently delivering emergency preparedness and recovery programs and community development training (both those providing Community Development training in general and Community Development training that is trauma-informed);
- engaging TEI stakeholders in capacity building relating to trauma-informed community development practices;
- ensuring the development and delivery of an online training course in TICDP and other sustainability training;
- ensuring an increase in the capacity of 10 LCSA member organisations to establish a community-led resilience project
- evaluating the effectiveness of the project.
Essential Selection Criteria
1) Formal Qualifications Requirements
- tertiary qualifications in relevant disciplines such as community development, project management, emergency management and/or extensive experience in a related field
2) Knowledge Requirements
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate current knowledge in the following areas:
- TEI funded services in particular neighbourhood and community centres
- current Issues facing community organisations
- emergency management agencies and programs
- trauma-informed protocols
- community development practices
- understanding of cultural competency
3) Experience Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- project management
- evaluation, data collection and reporting
- emergency management and/or community engagement
4) Competencies Requirements
- excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- manage a variety of tasks and competing priorities within tight timeframes
- work independently in a team environment
- computer skills and e-technology
- liaise and partner with stakeholders at all levels
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in providing assistance and support to organisations at various levels of development
- A current unencumbered Class C drivers license.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a detailed Position Description, or obtain a copy by contacting LCSA Sector Development Officer Lyn Lormer [email protected]
To apply for the position please forward your resume, with a covering document highlighting how your specific qualifications and experience meet the essential and desirable criteria, together with the names and contact details of two referees. Please mark your application as 'Confidential' and send it by email to [email protected]
Applications close on COB Wednesday, 8 September 2021. Preferred candidates will receive an invitation to attend an interview to be held on Monday 27 September 2021.
LCSA is an EEO employer and people from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
NOTE: This position is also advertised on ProBono Australia, Ethical Jobs & NCOSS